The Northern Virginia Chapter of the Association of Government Accountants would like to welcome you to the 2016-2017 Program Year! Our monthly meetings will be held every third Tuesday of each month with snacks and beverages starting at 5:30 PM, speakers, and dinner at 6 PM ending around 7 PM. Our meeting dates are as follows:
- September 20th – Our Community Service speaker was Crystal Schanette from So Others Might Eat (SOME). Instead of the main speaker, we held a speed networking event.
- October 18th – Our speaker was Mr. Rob Irish from RMA Associates, LLC. He spoke about Integrating Fraud Risk Assessment into your Internal Control Program. Please refer to his bio here. Our Community Service speaker was Jennifer Konish from Capital Area Food Bank. Donations can also be made at https://www.capitalareafoodbank.org/.
- November 15th – Our speaker was Mr. Javier Lopez from Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Mr. Lopez currently serves as the Deputy Director for Management Assurance for the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response within the HHS. Please refer to his bio here. Register here.
- December 20th – Our speaker was Mr. Mike Fredrickson from RMA Associates, LLC. Please refer to his bio here. Register here.
- January 17th – Our speaker was Mr. Reza Mahbod from RMA Associates, LLC. He spoke about SSAE 18.
- February 21st – Our speaker will be Ms. Judy Bradt, CEO of Summit Insight. She will be speaking about Tools to Build Trust. Please refer to her bio here. Register here.
- March 21st – Speaker will be updated at a later date.
- April 27th -Year-End Awards Gala.
Our meetings will be held at Westin at 801 N. Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22203. We will have happy hour, dinner, and fun and engaging activities for our event!
We hope to see you at our upcoming events!
The NOVAGA Board