NOVAGA will have a joint meeting with Montgomery/Prince George’s County AGA Chapter on Wednesday, March 8th, from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at Lebanese Taverna at 7141 Arlington Road, Bethesda, MD 20814.
Helena Sims, Director, Intergovernmental Relations at AGA National will give a presentation.
To RSVP for the dinner meeting, please register here.
Thank you Ms. Judy Bradt for speaking Tools to Build Trust.
Thank you Mr. Joannes Yibesaiu for speaking about the Hope for Children Cameroon.
The pictures of last week’s AGA National Leadership Training. It was a collaborative happy hour with the DC and Montgomery/PG County chapters.
The Northern Virginia Chapter of the Association of Government Accountants would like to welcome you to the 2016-2017 Program Year! Our monthly meetings will be held every third Tuesday of each month with snacks and beverages starting at 5:30 PM, speakers and dinner at 6 PM, ending around 7 PM. Our meeting dates are as follows:
- September 20th – Our Community Service speaker was Crystal Schanette from So Others Might Eat (SOME). Instead of main speaker, we held a speed networking event.
- October 18th – Our speaker was Mr. Rob Irish from RMA Associates, LLC. He spoke about Integrating Fraud Risk Assessment into your Internal Control Program. Please refer to his bio here. Our Community Service speaker was Jennifer Konish from Capital Area Food Bank. Donations can also be made at https://www.capitalareafoodbank.org/.
- November 15th – Our speaker was Mr. Javier Lopez from Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Mr. Lopez currently serves as the Deputy Director for Management Assurance for the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response within the HHS. Please refer to his bio here. Register here.
- December 20th – Our speaker was Mr. Mike Fredrickson from RMA Associates, LLC. Please refer to his bio here. Register here.
- January 17th – Our speaker was Mr. Reza Mahbod from RMA Associates, LLC. He spoke about SSAE 18.
- February 21st – Our speaker will be Ms. Judy Bradt, CEO of Summit Insight. She will be speaking about Tools to Build Trust. Please refer to her bio here. Register here.
- March 21st – Speaker will be updated at a later date.
- April 18th – Speaker will be updated at a later date.
- May 16th – Speaker will be updated at a later date.
Our meetings will be held at Westin at 801 N. Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22203. We will have happy hour, dinner, and fun and engaging activities for our event!
We hope to see you at our upcoming events!
The NOVAGA Board
NOVAGA was grateful to have Kristen Claus from Ronald McDonald Charity as our Charity Speaker of the month. We were pleased to be part of this great organization in helping the children in need.
This gallery contains 1 photo.
This gallery contains 6 photos.
The Northern Virginia Chapter, Washington D.C., and Montgomery / Prince George’s County Chapters are hosting a picnic at Hains Point (Picnic Area C) on Sunday, September 25th, from 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
We encourage you to join us for invaluable networking opportunities, food, games, music, and family fun! Famous Dave’s catering and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. Please register at https://www.123signup.com/register?id=nmpnb.
We hope to see you at our upcoming event!
The NOVAGA Board